Bell, Orr, Ayers & Moore traces its history back over 85 years to December 1, 1920, when its founder, Charles R. Bell, began practicing law. The firm began as Bell, Stagner & Orr on January 1, 1946, with Joe B. Orr becoming a partner at that time. The firm was later known as Bell & Orr until the late Kentucky Supreme Court Justice Charles H. Reynolds became a member in 1954, and the firm's name became Bell, Orr & Reynolds. In 1970, Justice Reynolds left the firm and the firm became known as Bell, Orr, Ayers & Moore.
Founders Charles R. Bell, Joe B. Orr, and Jerry L. Moore are now deceased. Founder Reginald L. Ayers remains an "of counsel" contributor to the firm. Former partners Quinten B. Marquette and Ray B. Buckberry, Jr. have also retired from the firm but remain active on an "of counsel" basis.
At Bell, Orr, Ayers & Moore, we are proud of our history and tradition. No firm in South Central Kentucky has a longer history of continuously providing legal services. We remain committed to continuing our established tradition of providing high quality, effective legal services to our clients.
The attorneys of Bell Orr Ayers & Moore recognize the public service responsibilities of the legal community, as the firm's attorneys consistently volunteer their time and services to charitable organizations in the local community. Our attorneys are also active with civic and business organizations which promote economic development in the region. Among the firm's members are two past chairmen of the local Chamber of Commerce. Our lawyers actively participate in the affairs of state and local bar associations, as well as professional societies, and provide pro bono legal services.