Our attorneys consistently represent nursing home patients and their families in cases against negligent or abusive nursing homes and their staff. Our representation of neglected, exploited and abused nursing home residents is focused on holding nursing homes and their parent companies responsible for their actions and compensating clients for the wrongdoing suffered.
Signs of nursing home abuse and neglect include:
- Broken bones
- Rapid weight loss or gain
- Anxiety or emotional distress
- Unexpected death
State and federal laws also provide rights to nursing home residents, including:
- To privately communicate with individuals of their choosing
- To receive mail
- To retain the possession and use of personal items such as clothing
- To be fully informed of their medical condition
- To have their family informed of any accident, sudden illness, or unexplained absence
If you or a loved one has experienced any of these symptoms or has had their rights infringed upon in a nursing home, contact our nursing home abuse attorneys.